IMPORTANT: Electrical items are covered by a 30 day EXCHANGE ONLY WARRANTY. There are no returns or refunds on such items.
The Classic Update Series kits are the most complete wiring kits on the market today and they “Make Wiring THAT Easy”. The Classic Update Series of kits modernizes the vehicle’s electrical system and allows expansion for additional power-hungry accessories. The new 1968-76 Chevy Corvette Classic Update Kit is no exception, and boasts many features making it the most complete wiring system available for the 3rdgeneration Corvette. The kit features:
- New ATO style fuse panel and bulkhead connector assembly that mounts directly into the factory firewall opening without modification.
- Dash harness routing is exactly like the original harness and will connect to all your stock dash and cluster connections while still accommodating nearly all aftermarket accessories such as electric gauge packages, HVAC systems, power window kits and updated wiper systems. Standard horn relay, turn signal and hazard flashers are included in the dash harness.
- A “high powered” accessory connector is included to power accessories like power seats, door locks, cruise control, fuel pump and other accessories.
- A 175amp Megafuse to protect your electrical system and 6ga heavy gauge alternator lead are provided to support a single wire alternator or internally regulated alternator.
- The “through the firewall” bulkhead connector mounts in the stock location of the original bulkhead connector and allows for engine and front light harnesses to be connected at the firewall.
- Engine wiring includes feeds for coil, tach, water temperature, oil pressure, electric choke, wiper motor and washer pump. Mating connectors and terminals are supplied for the power and tach leads for a GM style HEI distributor along with various oil and temperature senders. The Turbo 400 kickdown and “Cold Air Hood Door” (1973-76) leads and connectors are also provided.
- A complete plug and play wiper motor and blower motor ground wire harness is included.
- The correct windshield wiper switch, motor, pop-up door and relay wiring is provided and includes all of the correct connectors and terminals for connection.
- Front lighting includes extra-long leads that can be routed for stock or optional appearances. All power and ground wires are provided for the headlights, park lights, side maker lights, directional lights, headlight warning leads and horn. An ignition switched trigger wire is provided for an electric fan relay which is recommended with A/C.
- The rear body harness plugs into the dash harness at the left kick panel. Our longer lead wires allow for stock or custom routing of wires. The rear body wiring includes stop/taillight leads, side marker leads and back up leads. Also included are disconnectable stop/taillight, side marker and back-up lamp extensions that include the twist-in style taillamps sockets with the accordion style seal boots (1968-73) or plastic light sockets (1974-76) and molded side marker lights for the (1968-76). Power and ground leads for the glovebox, rear compartment courtesy light, license light and fuel tank sender are included along with the rear body pass through grommet.
- Instrument cluster wiring is designed with a “cluster harness disconnect” system for easy access and service. Original terminals, connectors and lamp sockets (an American Autowire exclusive) are provided for stock cluster and console gauge connections. The system can also connect to most popular aftermarket gauges such as Autometer, Classic Instruments, Dakota Digital, VDO and others. The kit will not support ammeters.
- Complete under-dash courtesy lamp assemblies with door jamb switch leads are included.
- New floor headlight dimmer switch is included.
- Many original switch connector bodies are included (an American Autowire exclusive feature).
o Headlight switch connector plugs into your original headlight switch with vacuum ports.
o The dash mounted (1968) and column mounted ignition switches are supported.
o Steering column turn signal switch connectors plug directly into stock OEM or most aftermarket steering columns using the adapter and terminals provided.
About Lectric Limited
Lectric Limited has devoted over 45 years into the research, development, manufacturing, and sale of automotive wiring & electrical products for classic and muscle cars. We are the oldest manufacturer of accurate reproduction wiring harnesses in the world. You might ask, "If Lectric Limited has been manufacturing wiring for over 45 years, why haven't I heard of them?" It's probably because most of our products are sold through our world-wide dealer distribution network. But don't worry. You can always buy factory-direct!
Lectric Limited manufactures and offers over 25,000 accurate reproduction and replacement automotive electrical products, including: individual wiring harnesses and complete wiring systems, wire leads, battery cables, spark plug wire sets, switches, update/conversion products, electrical devices, and lighting.
"Our goal is your satisfaction". We pride ourselves on quality, service and price. We continuously strive to broaden our product line with accurate, quality products to better service our customers. Whether you're concerned about having your car judged at a prestigious car show or you simply want to get your vehicle up & running as a weekend driver, we can supply you with the wiring products you need.
Show car owners who install our Original Design Series™ wiring harnesses, spark plug wires and battery cables in their vehicle routinely achieve the top General Motors, Chrysler and Jeep judging awards. In the Corvette world, these awards include: the NCRS® Top Flight® & Concour Judging®, the Bloomington Gold® Certification, the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals™ Triple Diamond™ & Concour Stock, and the Chevy/Vettefest™ Gold Spinner Concours™ & Triple Crown™.
Proudly made in America! Lectric Limited has been manufacturing wiring harnesses, spark plug wire sets, and other wiring products in the Chicago area for over 45 years. So, if you're looking for American-made wiring products, made by American workers, for your American-made classic or muscle car, you're at the right place!
The Vehicle Fitment Guide is to be used as a general reference. The data has been provided by our suppliers and manufacturers and may contain errors or incorrect data. Always refer to a professional to verify correct fitment for your vehicle.
||1968 - 1976